Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

JERUSALEM WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL;WELSH PRESBYTERIAN, THOMPSON STREET; GROVE STREET, Y

Site Details



NPRN 9811

Map Reference ST09SE

Grid Reference ST06089385

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Ynysybwl and Coed-y-cwm

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Jerusalem Methodist Chapel was built in 1888, in the Classical style of the gable entry type. The facadeis dominated by full height pilasters on either corner, supporting a pediment with dentilated freize and cornice. As well as a double round-headed window and two round ventilation holes, the pediment contains a sheild shaped datestone inscribed "JERUSALEM CAPEL Y TREFNYDDION CALFINIADD ADEILADWYD 1888". The chapel closed in 1980 and by 1994 was in use as a store.

RCAHMW, October 2008

Archive Records