Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DISGWYLFA WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, STATION ROAD; GRAYS PLACE, ABERFAN, MERTHYR VALE, WARD

Site Details



NPRN 9948

Map Reference ST09NE

Grid Reference ST07679961

Unitary (Local) Authority Merthyr Tydfil

Old County Glamorgan

Community Merthyr Vale

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Disgwylfa Methodist Chapel was built in 1876, and rebuilt in 1907. The later chapel is built in the Sub-Classical/Arts and Crafts style of the gable-entry type. It has two storeys and four square turrets projecting above the roof line. The windows are round-headed with small panes and the pulpit is positioned at the end of the chapel. By 1996 Disgwylfa had fallen into disuse.

RCAHMW, July 2010

Archive Records