Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACLE WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL, BRIDGE STREET, LLANFYLLIN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 11363

Map Reference SJ11NW

Grid Reference SJ1436219675

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Montgomeryshire

Community Llanfyllin

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The Tabernacle Methodist Chapel of Llanfyllin sits on a site that has been in continuous use as a place of Methodist worship since 1809, however this chapel was been rebuilt in 1830 and 1840 as earlier constructions were found to be unsafe. The current building dates 1905 and was designed by architects Shaylar and Ridge of Oswestry. It is built in the Classical style, with a gable entry plan, faced with red brick and freestone dressings. The central entrance is surmounted by a pediment resting on Doric columns. In addition there is a lead roofed cupola. The hall, which was added later, is in keeping with the style of the chapel, with additional classical detailing in terracotta under the eaves.

RCAHMW, November 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records