Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST JOHN'S ENGLISH CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL;UNITED REFORM, HAWKESBURY ROAD, BUCKLEY MOUNTAIN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7951

Map Reference SJ26SE

Grid Reference SJ28006435

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Buckley

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description St John's Congregational Chapel was built in 1811 to the design of architect Johnathan Catherall. The chapel was later rebuilt in 1872, by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore, in the Gothic style with a gable-entry plan and a spire. A schoolroom was added in 1885 and a manse in 1902.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records